Guess what, guys? The Razzle Frazzle wedding is this weekend!
We’ve never formally announced this here, but we’ve alluded to the fact that Nicole and Christine are engaged. After just over two years, their big day is finally almost here. We’ll have some photo updates after Saturday’s festivities (you’d better believe Tina is going to be in our wedding pictures with a fabulous pink handmade dress!), but in the meantime, we wanted to throw it back to an old Healthy Way to Cook/Fresh Healthy Eats recipe Nicole wrote: heart-shaped raspberry granola scones. Because, you know…love and all that junk.
-Nicole & Christine
Raspberry Granola Scones
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ripe banana, chilled and sliced
- 3 tbsp butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup + 2-3 tbsp granola
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 c + 2 tbsp fat-free half and half
- 1/2 c raspberry preserves or other fruit spread (you can also make your own fruit filling with mashed berries)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add chilled banana and butter and rub mixture between fingers until crumbs form.
3. Stir in 2/3 cup granola, then slowly add honey and 1 cup half and half and stir until just combined (dough will be slightly sticky).
4. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and press out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut 16 heart shapes out using a cookie cutter.
5. Spread a layer of preserves onto 8 hearts (do not overload or go all the way to the edges) and top each with another heart. Press edges to seal and brush the tops with remaining half and half. Sprinkle remaining granola evenly over each.
6. Place scones on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Note: Healthy Way to Cook is now Fresh Healthy Eats